Dynamic Pressure Sensor PD11
The PD11 optical sensing system measures dynamic pressure in harsh environments and is ideal for gas turbine combustion monitoring. The sensor incorporates a micro-machined sapphire sensing element packaged with a high temperature fibre-optic lead-out to form a unique passive sensor configuration.
The properties of the sensor make it suitable for directly mounting on gas turbine combustors. The high reliability passive optical element provides a unique capability for continuous condition monitoring of gas turbine combustion dynamics.
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Optical sensing enables:
- Extreme temperature operation up to 1000°C
- Harsh environment operation
- EMI immunity – start-up pyroelectric noise is nil
- Asset protection though autonomous monitoring
- Eliminates the need for semi-infinite tubes for monitoring gas turbine combustion dynamics – removes risk of fluid build up
- Closer proximity to combustion events enables an:
- Increased acoustic bandwidth capability
- Enhanced event characterisation
- Intrinsically safe for use in explosive atmospheres
- No electrical systems required in ATEX zone
- No requirement for a charge amplifier or galvanic separator
- Small form factor digital interrogator (signal conditioner) mounted on DIN rail located with control electronics
- Dynamic pressure measurement using Fabry-Perot optical interferometer
Dynamic Pressure Sensors
Maximum continuous background pressure/ Bar
- Flexible conduit length: Standard length 1m, the options are 2m or 3m.
- Patch cord: Standard option is anything up to 100m in length of LXCR FC/APC Optical Fibre Cable, longer lengths can be provided on request.
- Adaptor: Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Other pressure ranges available upon request.
- The selected sensor part number will be built into the PD11 dynamic pressure sensing system, which comprises a sensor, interrogator and plate retainer to secure the sensor.
Here you will find the relevant data sheets for the PD11 Dynamic Pressure Sensor.
LASER SAFETY NOTE: The sensor system contains a light source that has been certified as a CLASS 1 LASER, so you should not look into the sensor when it’s switch on (green light showing on the interrogator).
Please enjoy and if you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to contact us.