Oxsensis Ltd. was formed in 2003 as a spin-out from Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire. Our sensor technology is based on the micro-machining of super resistant materials such as single-crystal sapphire (melting point >2000°C), which together with innovative fibre optic interrogation techniques gives high sensitivity and immunity to extremes of temperature and electromagnetic interference (EMI) effects common in turbo-machinery.
Proof of technology
- WavePhire™ sensors demonstrated >1000°C in gas turbine combustor conditions
- Dynamic pressure measured to 2×10-5 of Full Scale pressure from 3 bar to 56 bar applications
- Simultaneous measurement of dynamic and static pressure, with temperature, demonstrated up to 1000°C in gas turbines
- Sensors are EMI Immune
Endurance demonstration in gas turbines
- Over six year’s of utility power generation operation to date
- Instrumentation experience on over 7 types of industrial and aero gas turbines to date
- Industrial gas turbine OEM New Product Introductions
Our production areas are semi-clean rooms dedicated to optical component fabrication and sensor assembly. The Test Laboratory is fully equipped to test and calibrate sensors. High frequency dynamic pressure testing is accomplished using our Shock Tube facility and our Environmental Chamber allows us to fully evaluate system stability.